- What is Atheism
- Law & Politics
- Press Information
- Christians Take Over Interfaith Army Chapel in Combat Zone
- Press Kit
- 9/11: 'Never Forget' Must Include All Victims
- Atheists Advocate Separation of Church and State at DNC
- Congressman Pete Stark to Speak at 2013 National Convention
- American Atheists Announces 50th Anniversary Logo Design Contest
- American Atheists Announces Harassment Policy for Conventions and Conferences
- American Atheists Jubilant Over Latest Religion Report
- American Atheists Removes Religious Billboards from Charlotte
- Former Pastor Now American Atheists Public Relations Director
- Former Pastor Teresa MacBain New Public Relations Director
- ITALIAN JUDGE LUIGI TOSTI ACQUITTED!
- American Atheists to Protest Bradford County, FL Decalogue on May 19
Supporting Civil Rights for Atheists and the Separation of Church and State
American Atheists Offer Condolences to the Sikh Temple Shooting Victims
For Immediate Release: August 7, 2012
For more information contact:
David Silverman, President of American Atheists, 908-276-7300 ext. 5
Teresa MacBain, Public Relations Director, American Atheists, 908-276-7300 ext. 7
AMERICAN ATHEISTS OFFER CONDOLENCES TO THE SIKH TEMPLE SHOOTING VICTIMS
Cranford, NJ - American Atheists wish to express condolences to the victims and families affected by the recent shooting at a Sikh temple in Wisconsin. The shooting took place when temple members were cooking food in preparation for the main Sunday service and community lunch. It came two weeks after a massacre at a Colorado movie theater that left 12 dead and 58 others wounded.
Teresa MacBain, Public Relations Director, stated, “We express our deep sympathies and offer our full support to the victims, their families, and those who were wounded in this terrible tragedy.”
“Our country is reeling with these two shootings over the last two weeks. We want these communities to know that our thoughts are with them,” commented David Silverman, President of American Atheists.
AMERICAN ATHEISTS is a national 501(c)(3) organization that defends civil rights for atheists, freethinkers, and other nonbelievers; works for the total separation of religion and government; and addresses issues of First Amendment public policy.
American Atheists, Inc.
P.O. Box 158
Cranford, N.J. 07016
Tel: (908) 276-7300
Fax: (908) 276-7402