- What is Atheism
- Law & Politics
- Press Information
- Christians Take Over Interfaith Army Chapel in Combat Zone
- Press Kit
- 9/11: 'Never Forget' Must Include All Victims
- Atheists Advocate Separation of Church and State at DNC
- Congressman Pete Stark to Speak at 2013 National Convention
- American Atheists Announces 50th Anniversary Logo Design Contest
- American Atheists Announces Harassment Policy for Conventions and Conferences
- American Atheists Jubilant Over Latest Religion Report
- American Atheists Removes Religious Billboards from Charlotte
- Former Pastor Now American Atheists Public Relations Director
- Former Pastor Teresa MacBain New Public Relations Director
- ITALIAN JUDGE LUIGI TOSTI ACQUITTED!
- American Atheists to Protest Bradford County, FL Decalogue on May 19
Supporting Civil Rights for Atheists and the Separation of Church and State
An international symbol for Atheism has long been needed. When American Atheists was formed in 1963, a contemporary scientific symbol was chosen; this acknowledges that only through the use of scientific analysis and free, open inquiry can humankind reach out for a better life.
Recognizing the new atomic era, but also emphasizing the truths of older scientific findings, the atomic whirl was chosen. The atom is still a distinguishing unit of all matter, the smallest particle of an element that can exist and still retain the properties of that element.
You may notice that one of the orbital in our symbol is broken, or open-ended. This demonstrates that while Atheists rely on the scientific method for learning about the cosmos and increasing our knowledge about nature, we know that \not all of the answers are in.\ We recognize that with new knowledge come new questions and areas for human inquiry and exploration.
That open orbital forms an \A\ to represent Atheism. The small letter in the center represents of the first letter of the country in which an affiliated group is located. In our case, the \A\ signifies American, and the symbol thus represents American Atheists.
The American Atheists Logo is a copyrighted. Permission is hereby granted to all who wish to use the logo for any reason other than to defame. For example: tatoos, gravestones, and billboards are acceptable and encouraged, but you may not distort or modify the logo in such a way as to make it negative or inflammatory.
For web pages, you may use the logo if you link to our web page. For books, TV, or Motion pictures appropriate credit is required.