- What is Atheism
- Law & Politics
- Press Information
- Christians Take Over Interfaith Army Chapel in Combat Zone
- Press Kit
- 9/11: 'Never Forget' Must Include All Victims
- Atheists Advocate Separation of Church and State at DNC
- Congressman Pete Stark to Speak at 2013 National Convention
- American Atheists Announces 50th Anniversary Logo Design Contest
- American Atheists Announces Harassment Policy for Conventions and Conferences
- American Atheists Jubilant Over Latest Religion Report
- American Atheists Removes Religious Billboards from Charlotte
- Former Pastor Now American Atheists Public Relations Director
- Former Pastor Teresa MacBain New Public Relations Director
- ITALIAN JUDGE LUIGI TOSTI ACQUITTED!
- American Atheists to Protest Bradford County, FL Decalogue on May 19
Supporting Civil Rights for Atheists and the Separation of Church and State
bin Laden is Dead
After 10 years, President Obama just announced that Osama bin Laden is dead. He stressed, in his speech, that bin Laden was not a Muslim leader, but that depends how you define "Muslim leader." He led Muslims. He used the Koran to motivate and justify his actions. He legitimized terrorism with his holy book, and his interpretations thereof.
So... was he a Muslim leader? Yes, depending on your interpretation of what Islam is, which is of course, individual, as all religions are.
So, take a moment to reflect on Islamic fundamentalism, and its Christian and Jewish counterparts. Understand that this world is full of religious moderates, who make fertile ground for extremism by tolerating such behavior. How different is Militant Islam from the others, really?
We have a long way to go before extremist religion dies, but at least for now, the good guys have won a battle. Many congrats to the countless American patriots who brought this Muslim leader to justice. DS