- What is Atheism
- Law & Politics
- Press Information
- Christians Take Over Interfaith Army Chapel in Combat Zone
- Press Kit
- 9/11: 'Never Forget' Must Include All Victims
- Atheists Advocate Separation of Church and State at DNC
- Congressman Pete Stark to Speak at 2013 National Convention
- American Atheists Announces 50th Anniversary Logo Design Contest
- American Atheists Announces Harassment Policy for Conventions and Conferences
- American Atheists Jubilant Over Latest Religion Report
- American Atheists Removes Religious Billboards from Charlotte
- Former Pastor Now American Atheists Public Relations Director
- Former Pastor Teresa MacBain New Public Relations Director
- ITALIAN JUDGE LUIGI TOSTI ACQUITTED!
- American Atheists to Protest Bradford County, FL Decalogue on May 19
Supporting Civil Rights for Atheists and the Separation of Church and State
AMERICAN ATHEISTS' LOCAL PARTNERS
American Atheistsâ€™ Local Partners program promotes local American Atheists affiliates across the US that actively collaborate with American Atheists through local programs and campaigns to support and promote AA's mission of church/state separation.
Local Partners are local atheist leaders in their community; are strong, independent, established organizations with dynamic leadership, solid financial foundations, and active volunteer, social, activist, and outreach programs; and represent the best of the US atheist and freethought communities.
AA Local Partners actively participate in American Atheistsâ€™national campaigns and regional conferences and regularly host members of AA's Speakers' Bureau. American Atheists makes a commitment with each of our Local Partners to actively provide resources and our experience base to maximize the Local Partners' visibility and effectiveness in their community. Additional Local Partner benefits are listed below at the bottom of this webpage.
Affiliates must apply for Local Partner status, and that status is reviewed each year to ensure that the Local Partner relationship remains effective for both organizations. More information on requirements and other details may be downloaded here as a PDF document.
LOCAL PARTNER BENEFITS
As a local partner, an organization receives special attention and effort from American Atheists including:
- Opportunities to host an AA Regional Atheist Meet (RAM). These events, sponsored by American Atheists (including advertising), are geared toward not only building and strengthening the Local Partner, but to bring speakers and training resources to raise local issue visibility, train new leaders, and support local partner and national AA campaigns.
- Preferential consideration to host American Atheists' national convention each year.
- Free tabling at any American Atheist RAM or National Convention.
- Spotlighting in American Atheist Magazine and on the web site, with our endorsement.
- Participation in American Atheists' Stores program, with free and deeply discounted American Atheist merchandise stock made available to provide Local Partner fundraising.
- Participation in our Speaker's Bureau tour circuits, with prominent national speakers providing the latest updates and other information on our national movement and additional fundraising opportunities for the local organization.
Local Partners and local American Atheists affiliates are independent non-profit organizations and are not subsidiaries, agents, partners, employees, or legal representatives of American Atheists. Local Partners and affiliates do not have the authority to bind American Atheists to any contractual obligations or otherwise act on behalf of American Atheists.