Full time, exempt
Under the direction of the Senior Director of Development, the Member Services Coordinator contributes to the timely growth and support of American Atheists’ membership and volunteers and serves as a point of contact for constituent inquiries and promotions.
American Atheists operates in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment, and qualified individuals will be required to adapt to new challenges as they arise. All staff members have areas of primary responsibility but are often required to be generalists and to work creatively to address the ever-changing challenges associated with our work.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Process incoming donations and contributions to American Atheists
- Acknowledge, thank, and fulfill membership cards for new and renewing members and donors
- Distribute renewal mailings for annual members of American Atheists
- Serve as a point of contact for supporter inquiries, questions, and member support received via mail, email and telephone
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date contact and donation records in the membership database
- Manage the inventory, fulfillment, and distribution of merchandise, literature, activism supplies, and other materials
- Print and mail organization correspondence including thank you notes, annual tax letters, and other materials
- Provide excellent customer service for American Atheists members and supporters
- Provide additional administrative support to members of the American Atheists staff
- Perform other related duties of a comparable level/type as assigned
- A supporters-first attitude in handling questions, concerns, and inquiries from members, donors, and supporters
- Superb attention to detail and ability to meet regular deadlines
- Ability to work in collaboration with a team while taking initiative and working independently once given direction
- Self-starter with the ability to work with little supervision
- Ability to lift 25 pounds
- Ability to handle sensitive information including member information, court cases, and pending announcements, with complete discretion and integrity
- Experience with Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel required
- Experience with Google Suite and similar tools a plus
- Experience with EveryAction or other membership database tools/CRMs a plus
Target salary for this position is $46,000 to $50,000, depending on experience and qualifications. American Atheists offers a generous benefits package including paid sick leave, holiday and vacation leave, and volunteer/service leave; 401(k) with employer match; 100% employer-paid health and dental insurance; 12 weeks of paid family leave; and professional development funding.
This position is based at the American Atheists headquarters building in Cranford, New Jersey, outside of New York City.
Please send your resume and cover letter to [email protected] with “Member Services Coordinator” in the subject line. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis, so candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
American Atheists is committed to building a team that fully represents the community we serve. We believe that diversity, inclusion, and equity among our team is crucial to succeed as a voice for underrepresented and marginalized people. We recruit, employ, compensate, and promote candidates without regard for age, race, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, political affiliations, past or present military service, marital status, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, or on the basis of personal favoritism or other non-merit factors.