American Atheists, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization. As such, all donations and gifts to American Atheists are tax-deductible to the full extent allowed by law. The Federal Tax Identification Number of American Atheists, Inc. is 74-2466507. Membership gifts, gifts to the general fund, and donations to the American Atheists Legal Fund, Billboard Fund, and other specific funds are fully tax deductible.
Printed copies of American Atheist magazine are provided as a benefit of active membership to monthly supporters, Life Members, and members who donate $35 or more at one time.
For questions about your contributions or member status, or for a copy of your giving record, please email [email protected].org or call (908) 276-7300 x307.
IRS Form 990
American Atheists files IRS Form 990 each year. This filing ensures transparency for tax-exempt organizations and is available for public inspection. Form 990 contains important information about American Atheists’ finances as well as our mission, management, and program expenditures.
In 2018, American Atheists changed its fiscal year to a July 1 – June 30 schedule, resulting in a short year return covering six months of 2018.
- Fiscal Year Ending June 30, 2020
- Fiscal Year Ending June 30, 2019
- Fiscal Year Ending June 30, 2018 (short year)
- Year Ending December 31, 2017
- Year Ending December 31, 2016
- Year Ending December 31, 2015
- Year Ending December 31, 2014
- Year Ending December 31, 2013
- Year Ending December 31, 2012
- Year Ending December 31, 2011
- Year Ending December 31, 2010
- Year Ending December 31, 2009
Audited Financial Statements
American Atheists’ finances are audited annually by an independent financial services agency. These financial statements ensure that American Atheists is complying with best-practice accounting principles. Members may request a copy of the audited financial statements.